Details on the booth at OFC (The Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition)
TDK will run a booth at the OFC, which will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, for three days from Mar. 21, 2017 to Mar. 23, 2017.
TDK is applying the high precision manufacturing process expertise developed in HDD magnetic head to create advanced fiber array assemblies that are essential for the wide range of optical modules with Si-P devices.
Only TDK, with the experience of absolute quality control required in the mass production of electronic components, can deliver these high quality & high reliability optical products.
- V-Groove Base Fiber Array Assembly
- High Accuracy Half-Pitch Optical Fiber Array
- TDK fiber array assemblies are available in both 127 and 250μm pitch. Core-pitch tolerance is within +/-1.0μm range. These assemblies are suitable for connection to Silicon-Photonics (Si-P) devices in parallel optical interconnect modules. Custom designs with specific number of channels and core-pitch specifications are also available upon request.
- Capillary Type Fiber Array Assembly
- Miniature fiber array for Digital Coherent Module & Si-P devices
- Capillary-type fiber array assembly, utilizing PMF, is suitable for digital coherent transmission such as ICR, ITLA, as well as being suitable for Si-P optical connection.
TDK has achieved miniaturization and cost reduction using glass capillary for the array.
Custom designs with specific number of channels, core-pitch, fiber type (SMF, PMF, metalized fiber) & PMF orientation are also available upon request.
- Arrayed Tap PD Module
- Tape-fiber Connection Miniature Tap Monitor PD Module
- TDK is currently developing an ultra-compact multi-channel TAP PD module utilizing fiber array.
The 24-channel Tap monitor PD array can be stored in the small package measuring 22 mm (W) x 26 mm (L) x 5 mm (D).
The downsized arrayed Tap Monitor PD Modules allows for cost reduction in the gain monitoring of EDFA systems and in the monitoring and control of DWDM and ROADM systems.