What is the benefit of PTC over NTC temperatur sensors?
- Sensors and Sensor Systems /
- Voltage / Current / Temperature Protection Devices >
- Temperature Protection Devices /
- Temperature Sensors (PTC) >
- PTC Limit Temperature Sensors (Sensor)
A. Once the PTC sensor reaches the Curie temperature the resistance rises exponentially, which results in an easy detectable strong signal hub, leading to low costs for signal evaluation compared to NTC sensor based protection circuits. Due to the availabality of large sensing temperature range in our portfolio, customer can create a simple protection circuit by placing SMDs with different sensing temperature in series, protecting different components from their critical temperatures.